The following terms and conditions apply to customers of Mount Edward Wines, LTD, New Zealand. By purchasing products via the Mount Edward Winery website and by joining the Mount Edward Wine Club, you agree to, and are bound by, all the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to modify our Terms and Conditions at any time.
By using our website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, and all the terms, conditions, disclaimers and limitations that appear or are made available to you on our site.
If purchasing wine or other products on this website you agree to the following:
- You authorize Mount Edward wines to charge your credit card in NZD for the amounts appropriate to your purchase, as defined by the price listed in your cart, inclusive of taxes, fees and cost of shipping.
- Prices are subject to annual review in May and take effect 1st of July.
- If purchasing wine, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age. If that is not true, and we are held liable for any reason, you agree to indemnify us and/or reimburse us and be responsible for all costs, expenses, legal fees and damages we suffer or incur.
- Orders are accepted at our sole discretion and we maintain the right to decline orders without giving an explanation.
Mount Edward Wines respects and honours the privacy of its customers and wine club members. The company doesn’t sell or rent personal information to any third parties. The provided information, from those who elect to join the e-mail newsletter mailing list, will be added to our customer database to receive upcoming correspondence. Those who do not elect to receive the newsletter will not be added to any database apart from what is necessary to provide customer service for each of your orders or quarterly shipments Any personal information that Mount Edward Wines collects from its customers is retained in a private database and may be referenced from time to time to help optimize the functionality of the website, online shop and other related areas connected to customer experience.
There are several situations when you can have us delete your personal data, this includes (but is not limited to):
- We no longer need to keep your personal data;
- You have withdrawn your consent to us using your personal data (and we do not have any other grounds to use it);
- We have unlawfully processed your personal data.
Please contact us if you wish us to delete your data firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file of numbers and letters that often includes an identifier which is unique to you. This is sent to your device’s web browser from our website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognise your device if you choose to allow them, like if you came into our winery and we recognised you.
We don’t store personally identifiable information in cookies, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to make our website even better, or to show you relevant products related to products that you’ve previously viewed.
COOKIES USED BY MOUNT EDWARD WINES
Tracking Cookies are used to track your use of mountedward.com and to give us various statistics. These statistics do not identify individuals; they simply give us an overview of general browsing patterns. We use these cookies to identify which parts of the website are most popular and to improve our website accordingly.
We use tracking cookies from web analytics services. These cookies collect information including, but not limited to, number of visits, amount of time spent browsing, how you got to our website, which pages were viewed, the journey through our webpages. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
Third Party Cookies When you visit mountedward.com you may notice some cookies that aren’t related to Mount Edward. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example a video from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites.
If you choose to ‘share’ Mount Edward content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these websites.
On our website we periodically use third party tracking tools. These analyse the online behaviour of website users. The service works by combining both analysis tools and feedback tools, including heatmaps, visitor recordings, conversion funnels form analytics, feedback tools such as polls and surveys, incoming feedback and recruitment of user testers.
This is done to enable us to provide you with a better experience, identify preferences, diagnose technical problems, analyse trends and generally to help our customers improve their website.
Please note, sensitive information, such as card details, are stored by Stripe and not Mount Edward.
The following information may be collected related to your device and browser: • Device’s IP address; • Device screen resolution; • Device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type; • Geographic location; • Preferred language used to display the website. • User interactions • Mouse events (movements, location and clicks) • Keypresses • Log data This data includes: • Referring domain • Pages visited • Geographic location • Preferred language used to display the webpage • Date and time when website pages were accessed
SALE AND SUPPLY OF ALCOHOL ACT 2012
Mount Edward holds an ‘off license’ as defined in New Zealand’s Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and is legally authorised to promote, sell and deliver wine via online and mail order. It is against the law to use this site to purchase liquor if you are under 18 years of age. By using this website, you affirm and represent to us that you are over the legal age required to buy products containing alcohol.
Mount Edward makes every effort to ensure that your wine and/or other purchases reach you in top condition. Unless your wine arrives, in incorrect variety or number, or is damaged, all sales are final. If you have any questions or concerns about your purchase, please contact us at email@example.com
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
Mount Edward Wines accepts online payments and payments made over the phone via Visa, Master Card, direct credit and Paypal. Payments are processed at the time of your online order. If, for any reason, we are not able to fulfil your order, your account will be credited or credit card will be refunded.
We make every effort to protect our customers’ personal information and payment details. All online purchases are processed through a secure payment provider called Stripe. Stripe both hosts and manages the payment gateway on the Mount Edwared website. Stripe is committed to data security and uses a variety of technologies and procedures to help protect personal information from unauthorized access. Stripe uses encryption to transmit all sensitive information such as credit card numbers. They also adhere to the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI DSS) governed by the PCI Security Standards Council to ensure they maintain the highest safety standards with regard to transmitting and storing sensitive card holder data.
By signing up to our mailing list you agree to receive correspondence from Mount Edward Wines. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any stage. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The below Terms & Conditions apply to all Cellar Club members upon joining the club. By joining the Cellar Club you agree to the following:
- NEW ZEALAND and INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS: You have signed up to a one-year contract. This membership will automatically renew unless you notify us of your desire to cancel your membership. You have chosen to belong to one of two specific Club Types that defines what the discount is on your chosen wines in each shipment: TED – 10%, Mount Edward 15%. If wines are not specifically selected by you we will send you a selection decided upon by our winemaker each shipment.
- Unless affected by unforeseen logistic circumstance, we charge your credit card on file in June and or November depending on your selected membership tier.
- The wine is dispatched within 5 days of your credit card being processed.
- You authorise Mount Edward Wines to charge your credit card in the amounts appropriate for your Wine Club membership, including shipping, when applicable. Shipping prices are subject to annual review in May and take effect 1st of July.
- We review shipping prices and price ceilings annually. Any price changes will take effect 1st of July.
- After one year, you may cancel your membership by written email notice to email@example.com at any time up to two weeks prior to a shipment. Members who send a cancellation request less than two weeks prior to a shipment will still be charged for and sent that shipment, and the cancellation will be implemented afterwards.
- Wine Club Members are responsible for notifying Mount Edward Wines of any delivery address changes. Failure to notify of changes in delivery addresses may result in us passing along any fees incurred.
- By joining the Mount Edward Wine Club, you are declaring that you are the legal age of alcohol consumption in your home country and the country of delivery.
- By joining the Mount Edward Wine Club or our Mailing list you understand that the contact details you provide will be used to send correspondence regarding membership updates, exclusive event invitations and other information pertaining to your membership. These details will be added to the Mount Edward database and stored securely. They will never be rented to any third parties. Email is our main and preferred method of contact.